Though HP printers are known for excellent features and services, sometimes, you may face problems while printing your documents through it. Just like other error messages, HP printer alignment failed issue makes users unable to print documents properly. Generally, your HP printer displays failed alignment error messages when its ink cartridges are not genuine. Sometimes, there might be some dust particles in the printhead of your machine. In order to fix the issue, you should check whether the printhead is clean and have enough ink around the nozzle area. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some more fixes that you can try to resolve the issue.
Why My HP Printer Alignment Keeps Failing?
There are many reasons due to which issues like, HP Deskjet, HP PhotoSmart Printer, or HP Envy alignment failure can occur on your system. It is important to identify root cause of the issue so that you can apply a relevant workaround to bring your printer to a working state. Given below are some common causes of the alignment failure error on your printer:
- There might be some bits of paper stuck in any part of your printer.
- The ink cartridges might be damaged, faulty, or not genuine.
- Ink cartridges might not be correctly installed on your device.
- You may face such issues while printing multiple pages at once.
- Any physical damage to your HP printer and its cables can cause such problem.
- The printhead of your printer may have been clogged because of additional ink around it.
How to Fix the HP Printer Alignment Failed Error?
Whenever you experience such issues with your printer, try to use software like HP Assistant, to find the exact cause of it. The software program allows users to troubleshoot the issue very easily. Along with this, we have mentioned some other methods in the following points:
Method 01: Reset Your HP Printer
Resetting the HP printer is one of the easiest ways to troubleshoot any issues, including alignment failed errors. For this:
- Keep your HP printer On and remove the power cables attached to the back-side of printer.
- Then, remove the other end of the power cable from the power source.
- Leave your printer idle for a minute and then attached the cable again.
- At last, turn ON your printer and check if the alignment failed problem is resolved.
Method 02: Review HP Printer Alignment Page
Checking the HP alignment page can also help you to detect if there is any problem with it. All the information related to the page should be visibly clear. Make sure if the alignment is corrected. All you have to do is:
- Always try to load the right type of paper in your printer’s tray for printing purposes.
- Make sure your printer’s printhead is not clogged.
- Your ink cartridge must have enough levels of ink.
- The printed alignment page must be of good quality; it should not carry faded ink traces.
Method 03: Remove Paper Bits from HP Printer
There might be some paper pieces in your HP printer that cause such issues. It is important to immediately remove these bits to repair the alignment. Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the printer alignment on HP devices when such issues are emerging:
- Open the exterior parts of your HP printer and check if the inside parts are working fine.
- If any jammed paper is found, gently remove it from your printer.
- If there is no jammed paper, then check for debris and remove it, if found.
- At last, cover the detached part and try to print a sample document.
Hope, the alignment failure issue on the HP printer is resolved by trying the above methods. If you are still facing any issues and need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with the technical support team.