Windows 10 OS consists of various built-in printer drivers that you can use to fix various print and scan-related issues. However, you can use these drivers while connecting your printer to the device wirelessly or with a wired connection. But sometimes, Windows 10 does not automatically install the built-in driver and need some manual work to get out of the problem. The root cause of HP Printer Driver Won’t Install issue on Windows OS is incompatible drivers. Apart from this, your device may not be supported. Check all the relevant details to install drivers hassle-free from this article.
Quick Methods to Install HP Printer Driver on Windows 10
Check important troubleshooting guidelines to fix driver is unavailable printer issue from this section. You can easily install HP Printer Drivers by applying these methods. So, let’s start following methods one-by-one:
Solution 1: Disable HP Smart Install
You can’t install printer driver in your Windows 10 system due to some internal printer problems. If you are facing such errors while installing HP Printer drivers in your system, immediately turn of the HP Smart Install app. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, go to “Setup” > “Service” from the HP printer display screen.
- Open HP Smart Install and check whether the feature is disabled.
- Now try to install the driver again and check if this method resolves the error.
Solution 2: Run Windows Troubleshooter
You can fix HP Printer installation failed Windows 10 issue by running the Windows built-in troubleshooter. This tool basically helps you to get ideas about specific error of your printer. Follow the steps given below to fix your printer installation issues:
- Press Windows + I keys to open “Settings” window in your system.
- Then, click on “Update and Security” tab and then navigate to the Troubleshoot tab.
- Now, select “Printer” option and click “Run the Troubleshooter” button to proceed.
After this, the troubleshooter will start running on the PC and detect if there is any problem. If any error is found, it will ask you to apply the relevant steps to fix it.
Solution 3: Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer
Sometimes, simply disconnecting and reconnecting the printer with your system can fix any common problem. All you have to do is turn off your printer first and disconnect all the cables connected between the devices. Wait for few seconds and then reconnect the printer again by connecting cables to a different USB Port. This method will definitely resolve HP Printer Driver won’t Install error problem. If the issue still persists, you can take help of HP assistant software.
Solution 4: Fix HP Printer Issues from Control Panel
The next method that you can try to get rid of this error is to remove any listed printer from the Control Panel. You can even uninstall any other printer drivers that are causing problems with your printer. Here is all that you have to do:
- Open Control Panel on your system and then click on the “Hardware and Sound” tab.
- Now, click on View devices and printers and choose HP Printer from the list of devices.
- Then, click on Remove device tab. Once the selected printer is removed, immediately restart your computer.
- Press “Windows Key + R” simultaneously to open run prompt. Type the command “Printui.exe /s” and press Enter to open the Printer Server Properties window.
- Navigate to the “Drivers” tab and select any listed HP printer and then click the “Remove” button.
- Finally, click the “OK” tab to complete the process.
Still your HP Printer Driver won’t install in Windows 10? If yes, don’t panic! Get in touch with HP Printer Support team, the tech specialists will help you to fix almost all the issues. They will offer you high-quality support services for resolving any installation fatal error.