You might have noticed that multiple-colored lights start blinking if there is any issue in your printer. These colors, actually vary as per the type of issue and seriousness of your printer. When the printer starts blinking orange light, then there might be some issues with the printer cartridge, toner, or simply there are some corrupted configuration settings. You need to contact the proper HP support & maintenance team to check the exact cause of this problem in your system. The maintenance team will also guide you with some most popular troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
Why is my HP printer orange, blue, green, and red-light blinking?
As we know each light blinks because of any special cause. You must know why is my HP printer orange, blue, green, and red light blinking continuously to know how you can make your printer work properly. Each colour has its significant indications.
Mainly the white, green, or blue light indicates the printing status of your printers, while the amber lights indicate that there are some major issues that need to be rectified at the earliest.
How to Control HP Printer Light Blinking Issue?
There are multiple reasons that can cause light blinking issues in your printer. Once you come to know the exact cause of those lights, you need to apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. You can apply the following steps to fix your printer’s issue:
- Firstly, unplug the power cord from the Printer socket and the wall socket.
- Now, wait for 15 minutes.
- After this, reconnect the power cord to the wall socket and then to the Printer.
Once you are done with the above steps, turn on your HP printer to check if the issue has been solved. If the issue still persists, you can apply any of the following technical methods to solve your issue:
Method 1: Check the Ink Cartridge Properly
If you haven’t changed the Ink Cartridge for a very long time, use the HP scan doctor option to have a look at all your files and to identify quality-issues in them.
- If the Ink Cartridge has been expired or depleted or it is about to be depleting, you need to change the cartridge to fix the issue.
- Make sure that the Ink Cartridges aren’t leaking.
- To troubleshoot HP printer ink cartridge cradle stuck issue, check whether it is properly inserted in your printer’s body.
If the ink cartridge is leaking and it is under warranty, get in touch with HP support to identify the cause of your problem and replace it with the new one.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Printer Driver
There might be some faulty drivers installed on your system that may cause problems while running the print command. In such a case, uninstall those faulty drivers and install the latest one to solve your problem. For this:
- Press Windows Key + R together to open the Run box.
- In the Run prompt, type in control and press Enter button.
- This will open the Control Panel screen. Then, go to Hardware and Sound > Printers and Devices.
- Right-click on the printer entries that are creating the problem and then select Remove Device.
- Now again press the Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type the following command: printui.exe /s and press Enter key.
- This will open the Printer Server Properties window. From there, navigate to the Drivers tab.
- Now select all the entries available on the screen and click on Remove > Remove Driver Only.
- Then, open “File Explorer” and go to C:>programdata>HP.
- Remove all the printer-related folders and files.
If you are done with the above steps, restart the computer and download the HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software to check if your printer is working properly.
The above article will definitely help you to resolve all the HP printer-related issues. However, if you still any issues with HP printers or the blinking issues still persist, then you can take help from the HP technicians and experts who will guide you thoroughly with the simple guide to resolve the problem.