There are some issues that you may face while printing your documents with HP printers. You might have noticed that your HP printer stays unfunctional for a certain period of time, which indicates that it is gone into the ‘pause mode’. Usually, this type of situation arises when you do not use printer for a long time then it goes offline and paused all the operations. If your HP printer is paused then don’t panic. You can easily bring your printer out of pause mode or any other problem with the printer. Here, in this article, we have mentioned how you can fix HP printer stuck on pause.
Why is my HP Printer Paused?
There are many reasons that can bring your printer in pause mode. Either you manually set it to pause mode or there might be some issue with printer software, print spooler, paper and ink cartridge, etc. Some of the other reasons why you are facing HP Printer Paused Windows 10 error are given below:
- You might be using damaged USB Cables for connection
- There might be some problem in Print Spooler
- Your printer software and driver might be outdated
- Issues like Paper jamming or No/low ink cartridge can pause your printer
Quick Methods to Fix HP Printer Paused Error
Whenever you get HP printer is paused and you won’t print your documents, you need to apply some troubleshooting method to fix it. You can also use tools like HP assistant to rectify the cause of the issue and then to fix it. Mainly, there are two different methods by which you can easily solve the Printer Paused error. We have mentioned both the troubleshooting methods, in detail in this section. Just apply the given instructed steps to un-pause or bring back your printer online without spending too much time.
Method 1: Uncheck the “Paused” option
You might be selected the Paused option that will automatically make your printer offline. In such a case, you can follow the steps given below to bring it again in online state:
- First of all, press Windows + I key to open “Settings” tab. This will help you to check whether the “HP Printer Pause” option is enabled or disabled.
- Now, set the control panel in front of your HP Printer device. Then, press and release the ‘Pause’ button to keep your printer away from the ‘Pause mode.’
- Go through the on-screen prompted instructions and then go to the computer’s taskbar and double-click the ‘HP Printer’ icon.
- Next, a list of all the documents which you want to print will appear on the screen.
- Right-click on the ‘Paused’ status and then click on the ‘Resume’ option from the context menu to again start print-job.
If your HP printer not printing still, you can follow the below-given method to fix the HP Printer Paused error.
Method 2: Change the Printer’s Status
Sometimes, changing the status of your printer can also troubleshoot various issues. To clear the ‘Printer Paused’ option, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, click on ‘Start’ button and then go to the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Then, click the ‘Printers’ option from the screen that appears on the desktop and right-click on your HP Printer icon.
- Click on the ‘Pause Printing’ or “work offline” option; if it is already enabled, then you need to remove the checkmark simply by clicking on the check-box.
- Now, print the sample document again to make sure your printer is working properly.
Hopefully! the methods given in this article might be helpful for resolving HP Printer Paused error. In case, if you face any problem or need any additional troubleshooting tips for such HP Printer Error, you can get in touch with the support team of HP printers. They are highly proficient and immensely intelligent professional that will offer you quality assistance in a very short span of time.