There are some common issues that you might face while using your printers to print documents. One of the most common issues that many people have complaint is HP printer ink cartridge cradle stuck problem. The most common HP printing issue is called “Print Job Stuck on Queue”, that makes printers unable to print any documents. If you are facing the same issue, firstly find the exact cause of your problem and the proper troubleshooting method to fix it.
What Causes HP Printer Won’t Print issue?
There can be multiple reasons for HP printer not responding to print commands. Some of them are given below:
- missing or out-dated drivers
- faulty connections
- improper configurations in your system, and many more.
All the above-mentioned points are very common issues that can make HP Printer stuck on initializing. Once you come to know the exact cause, apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the issue at the earliest.
Quick fixes for HP Printer not working issue
You can apply any of the following methods to fix common issues of your printer like HP printer stuck in shut down mode, not printing properly, and many more.
Method 1: Clear the Print Queue
Restarting the Print Queue is the best option. You can apply any of the following methods to restart your print spooler.
Restart the Print Spooler Service.
Follow the steps given below to restart the print spooler service:
- Press the Windows logo key + R key simultaneously to open the Run box.
- In the Run window, type in services.msc and press the Enter button or OK key to move further.
- Scroll down till you find the Print Spooler option.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and then click on Stop button.
- Go to the following path: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all files in the folder. Make sure you don’t delete the folder itself.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option and then click on Start button.
Once you are done with the above steps, go back to the Print-Job queue. Check whether all print jobs have been removed. Then print any document to check if printer is printing again normally.
Use Command Prompt
You can use the command prompt to clear the print queue and all pending print commands. All you have to resolve HP printer stuck in queue issue:
- Press Windows + S Keys and type cmd in the search box. Then select Run as administrator option to run command prompt with administrative privileges.
- In the Command Prompt screen, enter the following commands one-by-one and press enter after each:
- net stop spooler
- del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S
- net start spooler
The above-commands will clear all of your print jobs stuck in a queue. After executing the steps successfully, check whether your printer is working properly.
Create a Batch file for Permanent File
If none of the above methods have helped you to reset the printer and the same issue appears again and again, then you need a permanent solution to fix this issue. You can create your own batch file and open it every time when you have to clear print queue. For this:
- Firstly, open Notepad or Notepad++ and enter the following commands one by one:
- net stop spooler
- del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers* /Q /F /S
- net start spooler
- Then click on File tab from the header ribbon. And then click on Save as option
- Change the file type to All Files
- You can save the file with any name with whatever you want but add a .bat suffix.
- Change the Encoding type is ANSI.
- Once done with the above changes, save the file.
After saving the file, double-click on the batch file to clear the print queue without any issue.
Method 2: Reinstall the printer driver
If the HP printer cartridge stuck right side problem persists even after clearing the print queue, you have to re-install the printer driver to get the issue resolved. You can apply any of the following methods to reinstall the printer driver in your system:
Install the Printer Driver Manually
HP regularly releases new printer drivers to fix bugs and improve its performance. To install all such latest drivers in your system, you have to visit its official website and download the latest driver. After successful downloading, install the drivers manually.
Automatic Printer Driver Update
If you don’t want to update your printer’s driver manually, you can do it automatically with some third-party applications. There are a few third-party tools that will automatically update and install relevant drivers in your system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the possible causes of the printer is not responding?
There are many reasons due to which you may experience some issues in your Printer while printing any document. It can be caused due to a paper jam, problems with ink cartridges, spooler services or your printer is not a default one.
How do I unfreeze my HP printer?
To unfreeze your printer, you need to press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously on your keyboard. Then, click Task Manager option. Navigate to the Applications tab, click HP Scanning, and then click on the End Task button.
Why are my documents stuck in the print queue?
Whenever you experience any paper jam in your printer’s queue, clear and restart the print spooler, i.e., the software that prepares and manages all your printing activities. If the issues exist even after that, you can cancel one or more documents in your print queue and check whether the issue has been resolved.