Though HP printers are one of the most popular printer brands, but sometimes you may experience some problems while printing your documents. One of the main problems that many users have complaint about is that their Hp printer goes in sleep mode automatically and doesn’t wake up. This sleep mode issue makes you unable to print your documents and needs to be resolved at the earliest.
Basically, sleep mode is that state of the printer where it goes into lower power state after a fixed duration of time. This situation arises when your printer hasn’t responded for very long. You can easily bring your printer back to its normal position after applying some troubleshooting methods. Here, in this article, we have mentioned in detail how to fix HP printer offline issue,
How to Prevent HP Printer from Going into Sleep Mode?
All the models of HP printers do not have the sleep mode option, especially when you are using the older model printers. However, even some of the new printers don’t have the option to switch to sleep mode. It is impossible to turn off the Sleep mode option on any type of HP printer, rather than that you can extend the inactive time of your printer. You can also use HP printer assistant, software to fix the problem. You can apply any of the following methods to bring your printer out of this problem:
Method 1: Disable Fast Start-up
Windows Operating system offers Fast startup and hybrid sleep mode option to reduce the boot time and allow your device to quickly start from sleep mode. However, this may generate black screen errors too, and disabling the functionality of your printer. You can fix the problem by disabling each of these modules one by one. Follow the steps given below to disable the fast start-up feature:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run command box and type “Control Panel” in the search box and press Enter key.
- Now, select Large icons from the Control Panel and then tap the Power Options.
- Now click on the “Choose what the power buttons do” option followed by a click on the “Change Settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and unchecked the box indicating “Turn on fast startup”.
- At last, click the Save button to save the changes and Exit.
Method 2: Turn Off Hibernation and Hybrid Mode
- First of all, type “command prompt” in the search box. Then, right-click on the application and select “Run as administrator” option from the context menu.
- Now type the following command: “powercfg /h off” and press Enter key to execute it.
- Then, restart your system and check if the black screen error has been resolved.
Method 3: Disabling App Readiness
Another way to bring your system out of sleep issues in Windows 10 is by disabling app readiness. It is very important to have the latest Windows update to avoid conflict with Windows registry keys and force users to face black screen issues. For this:
- Press Windows + R key to launch the Run application.
- Then, type “services.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter key.
- Right-click on “App Readiness” and select Properties from the service tab.
- Press the Stop button to forcefully stop the service and instead of selecting automatic, select “manual” as the startup type.
- At last, press the Ok button to save the changes and restart your computer and check if the black screen issue still occurs.
Hope, these methods help you to fix your HP printer from sleep mode. These methods will bring your printer in online state.