HP scanners help users to scan documents easily. It offers multiple features to users by which they can access all the functionalities of HP printers. Due to its multitasking feature, many people prefer to use HP printers. It is very easy to use an HP printer with the digital scanner and while using the printer scanner or copy the functions, you may encounter some issues while doing so.
One of the most common problems that many users have a complaint about is HP scan general failure error that makes you unable to scan any document and even make your printer unable to work properly. In order to fix the error, you have to follow some of the essential instructions that are given in this article. So, let us start the topic to discuss more it.
Why the HP Scan and Capture General Failure Occurs?
There are many reasons by which the HP scan and capture general failure Windows 10 issue can occur on your system. Mainly, the problem is because of a missing or outdated scanner driver installed in your system. Such printer drivers can cause the HP scan general failure to occur, so it is important to update the scanner driver to troubleshoot the problem.
Basically, there are two different methods to update the scanner driver. Firstly, you can manually update the driver from its official site,i.e., 123.hp.com/setup, or keep them for automatic updates in Window’s settings. After installation of the latest version of drivers, you have to run then and then click on the “Scan Now” option.
Quick Steps to Fix HP Scan and Capture General Failure on Windows 10
It is very important to fix the HP scan and capture not working issue. You can apply the below-given steps to fix the problem:
Method 1: Allow Scanner Through Windows Firewall
There can be some kind of improper firewall settings that makes your scanner unable to scan. If the Windows firewall is stopping programs from performing, then you can follow the below-given steps if the firewall does not recognize the software, application, or device:
- Type cp in the search box of your desktop and click on “Control Panel” from the list of applications that appeared on the screen.
- Now, click on the Windows Defender Firewall Option.
- After that tap, the “Allow an App or Feature Through Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Then, click on the Change Settings option after which Allow Another App.
- Click on the Browse button followed by the Add the HP Scanner from the List of Programs and then click Ok to complete the process.
Method 2: Check Connection Between Computer and HP Scanner
The problem might be due to improper connection between the scanner and your computer or laptop. These connection problems may cause improper communication between the computer and the scanner and thus makes it unable to scan properly. In such a case, you can simply restart the scanner to fix the problem, all you have to do is restart the computer and scanner simultaneously to recover from the connection problem and solve HP scan and capture not working issue on your computer. All you have to do is:
- Disconnect your computer/device and scanner
- Restart the Computer
- Then, restart the scanner
This method basically establishes a fresh connection between your computer and HP scanner. Now, check whether your scanner is working properly and you should be able to use it.
Method 3: Update the Drivers
Updating the HP scanner drivers on your system can also help you to fix your problem. For this, you need to keep your HP scanner/printer driver updated always to avoid such kinds of issues. You can follow the below-given steps to update the driver:
- Right-Click on The Start Menu and then click On Device Manager from the context menu.
- Double Click on Imaging Devices to expand it. In case of a multifunction printer, double-click On Printers.
- Then, right-click on your scanner and select Update driver from the menu that appeared on the screen.
Hope, the above-mentioned methods have helped you in troubleshooting any problem with your printer. In case if the issue still persists, you can get in touch with HP assistant to fix your problem. These steps will definitely make you able to use your scanner work without any further troubles.