HP is one of the most popular IT technology companies that offer various products like printers, laptops, and desktops. HP printers come in various models that vary in specifications and functionality. The company manufactures both wired and wireless printers that have been highly used among users across the globe. One of the latest features that are provided in all HP printers is Wi-Fi Direct. It helps users to establish connections between their HP printer and a network without any wireless router. Here, in this article, we have mentioned detailed steps to install Wi-Fi direct app on your PC and then how to use it.
Quick Steps to Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi Direct
You can either use the WPS Pin or WPS button of your printer to establish its connection with a router. Follow the below-mentioned steps to connect your printer and computer:
- Firstly, open your printer’s control panel and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct driver.
- Now, check whether the Wi-Fi radio is ON. If it is ON, then connect your printer to Wi-Fi Direct just like other wireless networks.
- You must note that that Wi-Fi Direct always uses a WPA2 passphrase and you cannot turn it on without WPA2 security.
- If you haven’t done so, try to install the HP printer software on your device. Choose “Wireless” option while selecting the connectivity type from the printer UI software.
- Once your HP printer gets connected with any network, apply the following steps to print your documents when connected to Wi-Fi Direct:
- Connect your computer to Wi-Fi Direct connection by applying the above-mentioned steps.
- You can follow the earlier steps even to access your printer. There is no need to install any additional software on your computer. The printer will remain connected to your home network and it must be noted that you can connect your system with a device at a time. You can connect it either to the printer or your home network, but not both at the same time.
How to Fix HP Printer won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issue?
Instances may arise when your HP printer may not connect to Wi-Fi. You can fix WIFI Direct problems on an HP printer by applying certain steps. Few effective methods through which you can easily connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi are given below:
Method 1: HP Auto Wireless Connect
This feature allows users to connect their HP printer to Wi-Fi automatically. You need to install this feature from official site to connect HP printer to wireless network automatically. All you have to do is:
- Open HP Support page in any browser and enter printer model number that you are using and then click submit button.
- Select the operating system of your system and then click the download button to download the printer software.
- After successful download, go to the downloads folder and follow on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.
- Now turn on the printer and run the downloaded application.
- Then, among the network connection type (Ethernet/Wireless), choose Wireless. Click Yes button when prompted to ask “Send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)”.
Method 2: Use Wireless Setup Wizard
The wireless setup wizard also helps users to connect HP printers to Wi-Fi. This method is only applicable to connect HP printers with control panel displays. You just have to:
- Turn on your HP printer and remove any Ethernet or USB cables connected with your printer.
- Click on the wireless icon from the control panel of your printer and then navigate to the Network menu.
- Choose “Wireless Settings” option and then click Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Search your Wi-Fi network and enter the WEP or WPA key, then click OK.
Are you still unable to connect your HP printer to WiFi direct? Need some need help to fix your problem? If yes, then contact the HP Printer Support team and get associated with the professional experts. They are available 24*7 and direct you to all the possible solutions to fix your issues at an ease.