Do you want to send Fax from HP printers? But before that, it is important to check whether your printers have fax capabilities. One of the simplest methods to check is to locate a “fax” button on your HP printer. Typically, the fax button is located near the scanner. Alternatively, some printer models have a telephone jack on it, which means you can connect any phone line to the printer. Once the phone line is properly connected, you can easily send and receive faxes. Sometimes, you might same issues while faxing your document. In such a case, you must get in touch with HP solution center to fix your problem.
How do I Fax From HP Printers?
You can Fax a document either using your computer or the printer machine. Check the detailed steps to be followed in both the cases from the below-given section:
Option 1 – From Computer
Follow the steps given below to fax your document using your computer:
- Firstly, make sure that the HP drivers and software are properly installed on your system.
- Then, check if a phone line is attached to the “1-Line” port of the printer.
- Now, open any document that you wish to send. You can select documents from any application.
- Go to the option to print that document. Usually, this option is located under “File” > “Print”.
- Click on the Fax option along with your printer model.
- Select on “Print” and then click on “OK“ button.
- Enter the phone number to which you have to send the document and then click on “Send Fax“ option.
Option 2 – From Printer
You can also send your documents directly from your printer. All you have to do is:
- Before moving further, ensure that a phone line is attached to the “1-Line” port of your printer.
- Load the document in the document feeder. Keep the printed side up or on the glass with the print side down.
- Click on the “Fax” option that appeared on the display.
- Choose whether you want to Fax “Black” or “Coloured“ files.
- If a document is properly loaded in the document feeder, a dial tone will sound. Otherwise, click on the “Fax from scanner glass“ option.
- At last, enter the phone number to which you have to send this fax.
If you face any problem in the above-mentioned steps, contact HP printer assistant team to find the exact reason of your problem and
Benefits of eFax From HP Printers:
Sending a fax from a printer is very simple. It provides you several advantages. Some of them are given below:
- Lifetime Storage: HP printers securely store your faxes online in your account till it is active.
- eSign capabilities: HP printers offers e-signing faxes so that important documents can be returned properly on time.
- Cost Savings: HP printers are quite easy to install, maintain, and monthly supplies, and even can be quite cost-friendly. You can access online fax services for a cheap monthly subscription and don’t need to pay extra for equipment installations, maintenance, or supplies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find your fax number on HP printer
Your fax number is the unique number of the phone line connected to send or receive a fax. You need to contact 1-800-444-4444 (operated by MCI) to know your line’s phone number.
How do I set up my HP printer to fax?
Follow the steps given below to set up your HP printer to fax:
- Navigate to the Print, Scan & Fax tab from the Printer Assistant option.
- Then, click on the Digital Fax Setup Wizard option.
- You can also go through Settings > Fax Settings > More Fax Settings > Digital Fax Setup to set up your printer.
How to receive fax wirelessly from HP printer?
In order to send receive fax wirelessly from HP printer, check whether your printer is turned on and also ensure it is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device or computer. In the HP Smart app, click on the Plus sign, and then select your printer model to move further.
You don’t necessarily need a dedicated fax machine to send and receive faxes. You can easily fax a document with your HP Printer by applying any of the above-mentioned methods. There are certain steps that you have to follow to fax a document.