Though, HP printers are popularly known for their features and services. But there are some problems that you may face while using the HP printer. One of the most common problems that many users have complaint about is that they are unable to find the HP Printer IP address.
You must note that you need a unique IP address to establish an HP printer setup on the network. There are many methods by which you can find or change the HP printer IP address. Here in this article, we have mentioned in detail how can you easily find out the IP address on your HP printer while using it without any interruptions.
Where is the IP address Located on HP printer?
It is very important to know where is the IP address on an HP printer. Usually, you might get confused in same while using the printer with a Mac or Windows 10 operating system. The configuration page never lists the IP address of the printer. You can take the help of an HP printer assistant to identify the IP address of your printer. But we recommend you not to do so, as it is very easy to find the IP address. All you have to do is just right-click on the printer and then tap on the “Properties” option. Then, navigate to the “General” tab where you will see the “Location” option. Now, the numbers appearing on the right label are actually the IP address of your printer.
How to assign IP address to HP printer?
Whether you are using HP Officejet printer, or any other printer model it is easy to assign the IP address to it. You can take help from the HP solution center or follow the steps given below to assign IP address to your printer:
- First of all, find the name of the printer from your network admin. You can also check the affixed label for the same.
- It must be noted that every computer on the network has a unique name and network admin that makes it easier for the users to identify the right printer.
- Now, press the Windows and “R” simultaneously to open Run prompt and type “CMD” in the box. Then, click the “OK” button or press Enter key.
- After this, type “ping printer name” in the prompted window and note the IP address that appeared on the screen.
- Then, press a “Menu” button on the exterior of the printer and scroll till the “Information” menu appears.
- Scroll down using the arrow keys until you see the “Print configuration page”.
- At last, click on the “Select” option to print the test sample.
How do I change the IP address of my HP printer?
If you want to know how to change or update IP address for HP network printer, then follow the steps that are given below:
- To change HP printer IP address using a Windows 10 system, click on the “Start” menu and then go to the “Control Panel”.
- Further, navigate to “Network Connections” and right-click Local Area Connection and then click on the “Properties”.
- From here, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) followed by the click on the “Properties” option.
- Now, select the option indicating “Use the following IP address”. Here, you can update the IP address as per your preference. If required, you can change the subnet mask.
- Don’t make any changes in the other fields, leave them empty and click on the “OK” option.
- Open a Web browser and enter the IP address of your printer in the search box.
- Tap the Networking button and choose TCP/IP from the menu that appeared at the top.
- Now, choose “Manual” from the IP Configuration Method drop-down.
- Enter the new IP address and subnet mask in the given fields.
- At last, click on the “Apply” button to complete the process.
You can follow the above steps to change or update the IP address of your HP printer. But, it is recommended to change or update the IP address of your printer in the same format as it was earlier.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to find Printer IP address on Windows 10 system?
- Go to “Start” > “Devices and Printers“.
- Right-click on the printer and select “Printer Properties” from the options that appeared on the screen.
- Select “Ports“ and check if a port is checked for your printer. It will usually have the IP address your printer.
How to find printer IP address on Mac?
- Open System Preferences from the dock or click on the Apple logo located at the top left corner of your screen.
- Then, click on Printers and Scanners.
- Select a printer from the left-hand column.
- A 12-digit number will appear under Location, it is actually your printer’s IP address.