Despite of being one of the most popular printer brands, HP printers are one of the well-known efficient printer brands. HP printers allow you several features to make the printing process easier and smooth. But sometimes you may experience some printing problems while using your printer. There are mainly two kinds of failures: HP printer failure and HP ink system failure. These failures with your HP printers can be due to several reasons. Are applying any troubleshooting methods to fix the problem, you need to find the exact cause of HP printer failure as well as HP ink system failure issue.
What Causes an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer Failure?
There are several reasons for HP Officejet pro 8600 printer failure issue. The problem can be due to improper print heads or incompatible ink cartridges. Some other causes of HP Printer Failure are given below:
- Obstructions Inside Carriage Area: There can be some kind of obstructions inside the carriage area of your HP printer that makes it unable to print properly. This HP printer failure can occur unexpectedly when you print any document or photo. Any obstacle makes your printer carriage unable to move properly. You need to clear these obstacles to resuming the work again.
- Paper Jams and Overstuffed Paper Tray: Any kind of paper jam in the paper tray of your HP printer can also cause a system failure issue. This situation usually occurs when you are printing a huge load or if you are using the wrong type of paper or using paper of inappropriate size.
- Another reason that can cause such an issue is an overstuffed paper tray that usually arises when you insert paper of inappropriate paper capacity. So, it is always recommended to check the user manual to check whether the paper capacity is suitable for your HP printer.
How do I Fix HP Printer Failure?
Once you come to know the exact cause of your problem, you need to apply some troubleshooting problem to fix your problem. The company also offers HP support assistant, i.e., a troubleshooting tool to fix your problem. You can apply any of the following methods to fix any problem with the printer or ink system:
Method 1: Reset Your Printer
In some cases, resetting your printer can also help you to resolve an HP ink system error. All you have to do is:
- Remove the power cable from the printer while keeping it ON.
- Then, remove the power cable from the power socket.
- Wait for 1 minute and then plug again the power cord back to the outlet and connect it with the printer.
- At last, print a sample document to check if the error is fixed.
Method 2: Use the Correct Ink or Toner Cartridges
There are specific ink and toner cartridges for your printer models. It is always recommended to check if whether the cartridges you are using are compatible with your device. These parts only work with their respective brands. You can use the Ink & Toner Finder from any third-party website to determine the ink and toner cartridges as per your specific printer brand and model.
Method 3: Check Printer Ink or Toner Levels
The HP 8600 ink system failure issue can also be due to low or empty ink or toner cartridges. In case, if you are getting an “Ink System Failure” message before discovering the error, immediately replace the ink or toner cartridge to fix the problem.
Method 4: Replace the Printhead
If the HP ink system failure error message is still appearing on your system, then you need to clean or replace the printhead with a new one. You need to get in touch with the HP Support team to get a replacement printhead. HP also provides cleaning materials and a complete set of new ink cartridges along with new replacement.
Read related article – How to check ink levels on HP Printer?