In spite of being the best printers, an HP printer may create some issues while printing your document. You may encounter the HP printer offline issue with your printer even after giving the print command. If your printer is unable to communicate with your laptop or computer, then it is very important to check its status. If it is perceived as offline, apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
To bring it again in an online state on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or Mac, it is very important to find the exact cause of the problem. Then you need to identify the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue. Usually, the offline problem in your HP printer is due to jammed paper, improper connection or cable connection, outdated firmware, etc.
What Causes My HP Printer Keep Going Offline Issue?
The offline issue with your HP C7200, HP PhotoSmart C4700, or HP 5200 Printer can be due to multiple reasons. If you are unable to print your documents, check the status of your HP DeskJet Printer. If it is indicating offline, either pause the commands or completely stop them. Given below are some common reasons that are responsible for your HP printer sleep mode:
- Any paper jammed in the paper tray may create the issue.
- There can be some issues with the cables or connection that can cause the offline status of your printer.
- You may have outdated drivers for your HP printer.
- Your device may not have been selected as the default printer.
How Can I Bring My HP Printer in Online State?
If you are wondering how to get an HP printer from offline to online, then you can apply several troubleshooting methods mentioned in this article. The offline issue in HP Envy or HP wireless printers can be fixed even by using the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool. Various other methods include resetting your device, reinstalling it, or setting it as the default printer, and much more.
Fix 1: Check Ink Cartridge and Paper Tray
Before applying any technical method to fix the issue, it is important to check the status of your Ink cartridge or your paper tray. Check whether there are any issues with the ink cartridges; you can also remove any paper if stuck in the paper tray. After this, you should inspect the other parts of your HP printer to make sure that the printer is working properly. Follow the steps given below to check the levels of ink in the HP printer’s cartridge:
- Firstly, turn on your HP printer and check if it is properly plugged.
- Check if there is any loose cable and reconnect them properly for better connectivity.
- Now, ensure that the papers are properly arranged in the printer has the right stock of papers in the tray. Add more papers if necessary.
- Look inside the printer to identify any paper jams. Clear the paper try if you find any paper there.
- You need to open the printer to check its ink cartridge levels. Or you can check the printer’s software to check if there is a low ink warning. Click on the ‘OK’ button to dismiss low ink warnings and bring your printer again online.
- Also, ensure that the computer connected to your HP printer is on the same network as the printer.
This way, you can fix the HP printer connected to the WiFi network but an offline issue if there is any cartridge or paper jam issue.
Method 2: Check the Cables and Connections
If there is no problem with the cartridges and paper tray of the printer, then check if there is any problem with the cable or the connections. The cause of the HP printer offline issue can be due to any problem with the cables connecting the printer and computer. Thus, to know how to fix the HP printer offline error is to ensure that the cables and connections are proper. For this:
- Ensure that there is a proper network connection between the printer and your system.
- Check whether all the USB cables are properly connected at both ends.
- If you are using a wireless printer, then ensure that the internet and router are working properly.
Method 3: Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor
If your HP printer is still indicating the offline status, then you should use expert tools to fix the problem. Most of people claim that using HP Print and Scan Doctor tool helps them to deal with HP printer not printing issues. You can download this tool from any browser. After successful downloading, you have to run its file. To use this tool, you have to:
- Download and install the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” tool in your system.
- Now, run the downloaded “.exe” file.
- Then, launch the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” and then click on the “Start” button.
- Select the HP printer model in which you are facing problems from the available printers.
Method 4: Update the Firmware Version
If the problem exists even now, you need to update the firmware version as it is the important cause for the HP printer offline issue. Your system might have any outdated firmware version that can make it impossible for your printer to run properly. It is also advised to get in touch with an HP printer assistant to know the best HP printer firmware version for your printer.
Method 5: Update HP Printer Driver
To fix the HP OfficeJet Printer offline status, make sure whether the driver of your printer is properly updated. To install the latest updates, right-click on the start button and then click on the Device Manager option from the context menu. Then locate your HP printer from the list of devices, right-click on it and then tap the Update Driver option. Then your system will start automatically to search for the latest and appropriate driver for your printer.
There can be various causes for your HP printer’s offline error message. This issue is mainly due to the improper connection between your printer and the system. To fix such kinds of problems, you need to apply some troubleshooting methods. Here we have provided you with enough information to fix the problem. These methods may help you understand the causes behind your HP printer’s offline status and also help you to get out of it.