HP printers are mainly known for their impressive features that can take productivity to the next level. There are several models of HP printers available in the market which can surely make your work smooth. But what if the first thing you need to do is to print any document using your HP printer? It is putting ink in the HP printer and checking whether the connection is properly established or not.
Sometimes, you may encounter situations when you need to change the ink cartridges of your printer. Though the process of changing cartridges is quite simple and easy, you need to keep some important points in mind before doing so. However, different models of HP printers may require you to follow different procedures for changing ink. Here, in this article, we have mentioned how to put ink in your HP printer.
How to Replace or change an Empty Ink Cartridge in the HP Printer?
Either you are inserting a new ink cartridge in your printer or changing the old one, make sure you are following the steps properly. In order to install ink cartridge in your HP printer, you can contact HP printer support or apply the following steps:
- Firstly, make sure that your HP printer is turned on before you put ink in it.
- Now, open the ink tray that is located in the top-center area of the device, usually below the lid and above the output tray. In case, if you are using an HP Deskjet printer, there is a top lid that you need to lift up gently.
- Gently press the existing ink cartridge until you hear it click. This will basically dislodge the cartridge from the ink holder, after which you can lift it out of the machine. It is advised not to push down on the cartridge too hard as this may affect the body of your printer.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridge from its packaging. Locate and remove the pink tab from the new HP printer ink cartridge. Again, avoid touching the copper electrical contact area or the ink nozzles of the cartridge. Such a fallacy can lead to ink clogs and stalled electrical connections inside the printer.
- Place the new ink cartridge into the ink slot. Put it in such a way that the copper electricity section is on the bottom and the ink nozzle is towards the printer.
- At last, close the ink cartridge door and line up your new cartridges properly. For this, open HP Solution Center either in your Programs or Applications or go to Settings >> Printer Toolbox >> Align the Print Cartridges >> Align.
Once you are done with the above steps, print a sample document to ensure everything is working fine.
What Causes HP Printer Cartridge Error?
Now, let’s understand the various circumstances in which you should change the ink cartridge in your HP Printer.
1. Not Removing Protective Strips
You might have not properly removed the protective strips of your new cartridge. This makes your printer unable to recognize the new cartridge and thus shows errors while printing. It is advised to remove all the plastic covers or tabs before the installation.
2. Installing Incompatible Ink Cartridge
Always check whether the ink cartridge you want to use is compatible with your printer or not. Sometimes, you might have purchased an incompatible ink cartridge which may cause several issues while printing. Always refer to the user manual of your HP printer to know which ink cartridge is suitable for use. Improper installation of color cartridges and black cartridges in incorrect slots can also cause cartridge-related errors.
3. Outdated Software Update
Sometimes the outdated software update can cause the HP printer ink cartridge error message and also makes your printer unable to recognize the ink cartridge. Always make sure that the software you are using is updated.
In this blog, we discussed with you the quick steps that you can follow to install ink cartridges in HP printers. We also showed you what causes such cartridge errors in your printer. Following the step-by-step instructions, you can install the cartridge in your printer and print your documents easily.