Despite of being the most popular printer brand, you might experience some issues with your HP wireless printer. HP printers are mainly known for their brilliance in technology and power, along with their capability to troubleshoot issues and errors. But sometimes you may face multiple printing-related issues as well as password issues while printing your documents using the HP wireless printers.
Along with HP printer assistant, there are various technical methods that you can try to identify the cause and resolving the issue. One of the most common troubleshooting techniques that many people try is resetting their HP printer to its factory mode. It is the easiest way to resolve all issues, including common problems and error messages related to software, ink cartridges error and printing jobs. Here in this article, we have mentioned in detail to restore your wireless HP printer to its factory defaults.
How do I Reset HP Printer to Factory Settings?
Whether you are using HP Envy 4500 printer or any other printer model, it is very easy to reset your printer. In this section, we have mentioned some quick steps that you can follow to reset your HP printer:
- First of all, disconnect the power cord and unplug it from the power socket when the printer is turned on.
- Also, remove the USB cable, if you are using the wired printer.
- Then, wait for about 2-3 minutes, after which press and hold and keep pressing the Power button on your HP wireless printer for about 30 seconds.
- Next, plug the power cable into the power socket as well as the back of the printer.
- Turn ON your printer and wait till the printer finishes its warm-up period and then immediately install all the required HP printer software in your device.
It must be noted that you will be provided about 120 minutes, i.e., 02 hours to complete the software installation process using HP auto wireless connect feature. In case of wireless printer, you must know the WPS Pin of your printer to connect it with your computer.
Quick Steps to install HP printer software and print driver
You can easily install the HP printer software and print driver on HP Deskjet printer, or any other printer model. All you have to do is:
- Go to HP official sire, i.e, 123.hp.com/dj3700 and enter the name of your product followed by a click on the Download/Next button.
- Once the software is properly installed, open HP Easy Start.
- Click on Setup My Printer and accept all Terms and Conditions to move further. For this, click the Continue button.
- Open the printer’s control panel and make sure that the power button light is properly ON.
- The Connect screen will display your printer series and serial number as [Ready to connect].
- Select the HP printer you are using from the connect screen and then click the Continue button.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the installation screen.
- Select all the software that you want to install and click Continue.
- Now, click on Add Printer button to create a print queue.
- Select the name of your printer from the Add window screen and click on Add button.
- At last, print a sample document to confirm if the printer has been set up properly.
Hope, these steps have helped you to install all the software and drivers related to your HP printer model from this article. Some people experience problems while executing these methods on hp Photosmart printer or other printer variants. In case if you are facing any problem with HP wireless printer, you must know how to reset HP Printer to factory settings. It is important to detect the cause of problem rather than troubleshooting it first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a reset button on HP printers?
Yes, there is a reset button on most of the HP printers. You can use this button to reset your printers.
How do I do a cold reset on my HP printer?
- Turn the printer power off.
- Press and hold GO.
- Turn the printer power back on and continue to hold GO until the Attention light turns on.
- Release GO.
- The device lights will start blinking from front to rear. Wait till the cold-reset process is successfully completed and after which the device will go to the ready state.