Built with next-gen technology and extreme precision, HP Printers are mainly known for their print quality and robustness. There are several printer models available in the market that you can use for wired or wireless printing. Many HP printers can be used as a scanner machine, but you must know how to set up a scanner on HP printer in order to scan your documents. Here, in this article, we have mentioned quick steps that you can follow for scanning your documents in no time.
Effective Steps to scan from HP Printer to Windows Computer
HP devices are generally designed for an easy scan-to-computer process. If you want to scan from HP printer to Windows 10 laptop or any other device, you need to follow certain steps. You can also take help from software like HP printer support to setup a scanner on HP printers. All you have to do is:
- Before setting up the scanner on the HP printer, make sure that the HP Scan printer software is updated. If not, then install it from the official site of HP printers. For this, go to the HP Customer Support site and search for your device’s model. Then, locate the updated version of software and drivers and download them.
- Whether you are using a wired or wireless network, make sure that the scanner is properly connected to your computer.
- Open the HP Scan software in your system and navigate to the Scan tab, then click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Check that the settings are set as per the project that you want to scan. You can scan and save your documents in various file types, such as PDF or JPEG. You can also set from where the document can be scanned, either from the scanner flatbed or through a document feeder tray.
- Now, tap the checkbox adjacent to the Show Viewer After Scan option and go through the additional settings. Check all the information like, color or black-and-white and page size are as per the requirements.
- Click the More button to configure some advanced settings and change the resolution, orientation, or destination of the file after saving.
Once you are done with the above steps, the settings are properly adjusted as your requirements and then you can scan your documents.
How do I Scan From HP Printer to Mac?
If you are a Mac OS user, basic steps to set up the scanner on an HP printer are the same as explained above. You can even install software like HP print and scan doctor in your device to configure the system effectively. After proper set up of your printer, follow the below-mentioned steps to scan your documents:
- Open the feeder tray of your printer and insert the document that you want to scan. Keep the side of the document that you are scanning downwards.
- Press the ‘start’ button and this will display ‘all programs’ along with the ‘hp solution center’, double-click on it. The ‘Hp solution center’ window will appear on the screen.
- Tap the Scan button and wait till the preview of the document appears on your computer in the HP Scan display preview.
- Make any changes, if you have to, and then click the ‘scan document’ button. Choose the location where you want to save the scanned document, a folder maybe, or in an email application.
- At last, click the ‘OK’ and ‘Finish’ button to complete the scan. Just check the file name while retrieving the scanned document.
Same steps and set of instructions are to be followed with other devices like Windows 10, macOS, Chromebook. In case of new versions of the operating system, some additional steps need to be followed before scan is accomplished.
How to Scan and Email a Document with HP Printer?
Once the document is scanned and saved on your computer, it can be easily uploaded to the cloud for storage. You can also send the document as an email attachment to anyone who is on your email contacts list. If the file is saved as PDF or JPEG, you can send it to your contacts through social media or text.
There is an alternative method, as well, that you can try to scan to email the documents. For this, make sure your email is configured with a local email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird. After proper setup, select the Scan to email option through the HP Scan software so that the documents will be sent to your local email program.
Why won’t my HP Printer Scan to my Computer?
Sometimes, HP printers can show some occasional scanning hiccups and this makes you unable to scan your documents. Mainly such issues arise when users have upgraded their OS to Windows 10 from Win 7 or 8.1. Some common issues that make them unable to scan from HP printers are:
- Incompatibility with the platform: Always check that your HP printer is compatible with the platform, especially after upgrading your device to Windows 10.
- Improper installation of HP Printer Software: Improper installation or outdated version of HP printer software can cause several issues while scanning your documents using HP printers. In such cases, reinstall the software after upgrading your device to Windows 10.
- Disabled Windows Image Acquisition Service can also bother you while scanning the documents.
We have covered all the steps that you can follow to scan your documents using HP printers. If you still notice that the HP scanner won’t scan anything, check if the printer driver is updated or if there is the improper connection between devices. However, these steps will definitely help you to set up a scanner on HP printers and fix most of the issues associated with HP Printer.