Though HP is one of the most popular manufacturers of IT devices, you may face some problems while using these devices. The company also provides several troubleshooting assistant guides to fix your problem as soon as possible. Recently, HP has introduced its range of HP ImagePad with multi-touch gesture support for a series of a laptop with a touchpad. This HP support tool supports multi-finger gestures that allow users to do certain specific things using the four fingers of their hand.
HP ImagePad with multi-touch gesture support basically allows you to scroll on the screen, zoom in and out the screen to change content resolution, and allows you to navigate as well by simply touching the touchpad or the TrackPad. Here, in this article, we have mentioned in detail how can you install HP Windows precision drivers in your system.
What is HP Multi-touch Gesture Support?
Nowadays, all the upcoming range of HP laptops have features and support multi-touch gestures. They also have HP Support Assistant as built-in feature in them so that you can use this feature to troubleshoot any problem with HP PC and printers. In case, if the problem is not automatically enabled, then you also enable it manually by going through the “Mouse & touchpad” properties.
How to Install HP Windows Precision Drivers?
You can follow the steps given below to install HP Windows precision drivers in your system:
- First of all, open the “Device Manager” of your device and go to the “Mice and other pointing devices” category. Then, right-click on the “Synaptics or ELAN touchpad device” option.
- Now, select the “Update driver” command and then click on the “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer” option from the new page that appears on the screen.
- After this, click on the “Have Disk” button, and from the “Install from Disk” window, click on the “Browse” button.
- Then, you have to locate the Synaptics or ELAN Precision Touchpad drivers’ folder and select “Autorun.inf” followed by click on the “Open” and “OK” buttons.
- Consecutively, click on the “Synaptics Pointing Device” or “ELAN Pointing Device” option and then click “Next” to continue the process.
- You might have received a warning message on your screen, click on the “Yes” button.
The above-mentioned steps will help you to install the driver on your device. After executing these steps, restart your system.
Why are My HP Touchpad Gestures not Working?
There can be several reasons for which the touchpad gestures may not work properly on your HP laptops. In such a case, you can apply the following troubleshooting methods to fix your problem:
- Check if other gestures are working.
- Check if the touchpad driver is properly installed.
- Disable and then enable the touchpad.
- Reinstall the touchpad driver.
Difference Between Touchscreen and Multi-touch
Nowadays, there are many systems available in the market which supports the touchscreen feature. Though, the feature is similar to the mobile screen on which you can touch and give the desired commands. Similarly, in HP systems that support touchscreen and multi-touch gestures, you can touch the touchpad of your PC in multiple ways to complete a certain task like zooming, navigating, and much more. The HP touchpad easily supports multi-touch gestures without using the on-off button and you need these buttons to enable it. For this, you need to locate the on/off button that is located at the top left corner and double-tap on it to enable and disable it. This feature is available in almost all systems with latest Windows 10 updates including HP Pavilion 17-e031sa Notebook.