Despite being the most popular printer brand, you may experience some issues while printing your documents with HP Printers. However, some situations are more frustrating, and sometimes even make you unable to print your document. You might want to know the proper HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide at such a point in time to fix your problems.
Whenever you encounter any issue while using your HP printer, it is important to know the exact cause of the problem and proper troubleshooting guide to fix it. Here, in this article, we have mentioned the most efficient techniques which will help you to diagnose all HP Printer Problems. Go through the content carefully to make your problem easily sorted out.
Common HP Printer Issues
There are several issues that you may face while printing your images and documents using HP printers. Some of the common problems that you may encounter are:
- HP printer offline issues
- Print job stuck in the print queue problem
- Paper jamming error
- Printer cartridge issue
- Receiving faded printouts
- Toner smudges problem
- Improper installation of printer-related drivers
- Unable to find the printer driver for the specified OS
- Not able to print anything from the expected paper tray
How To Troubleshoot HP Printer Problems?
You can easily eliminate HP Printer Problems by applying few technical methods. Before applying such methods, it is advised to check the cable connection and ensure that your printer is properly connected to the computer. Moreover, also check if there is any jammed paper in the paper tray. If found, remove it immediately as this will help you to fix your problems.
Some of the quick and easy HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide to fix the most common printer problems is given in the following section.
Tips 1: Make Sure Your HP Printer Is Set As Default
In case, if you are using your HP Printer for printing purposes, then you must set your printer as the default one. You must check whether your printer is set as default printer. All you have to do is:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search field and press Enter key.
- Then, select the “Devices and Printers” option from the list of options that appeared on the next screen.
- Now, select and right-click on the HP Printer with which you are facing problem.
- At last, from the various options that appeared, select the “Set as default” option.
The above HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide will definitely help you to resolve most of the printer-related issues. After completing the above steps, check whether a green tick appears next to your printer icon. This indicated that your HP Printer is successfully set up as the default printer.
Tip 2: Check The Printer Connection
Most of the problems with your HP printers, like HP printer not working, etc is because of improper connection between your HP printer and your computer. In such a case, check whether the cables are well-associated with the printer and system.
In case of wireless connection, put your printer near your device. This helps you to make the connection stronger and resolve various printer issues.
Tips 3: Troubleshoot HP Printer Spooler Error
The HP Printer Print Spooler can also cause various issues and may make you unable to print your documents. Spooler services basically help you in managing various print jobs that are pending in the queue. You may get a ‘printer spooler error’ message when your printer is not allowed to accept the print commands. Follow the steps given below to fix your problem:
- First of all, close all programs that are currently running on your system.
- Next, click on the “Start” button and type “Administrative Tools” in the search field. Then, click “Services” and scroll down in the list for the “Print Spooler” option.
- Right-click on the Print spooler option and then select “Stop” from the context menu.
- Afterward, navigate to the “My Computer” tab and double-click on the ‘Local Disk (C:)’ option, and select the “Windows” folder.
- Go to ‘System32’ folder > ‘spool’ > ‘Printers’ and remove all the print jobs present in this folder.
- Again, go to the ‘Services,’ and search for ‘print spooler’. Then, right-click on it and then tap the ‘Start’ option.
Once you are done with this HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide, try to print a sample document to check whether the HP Printer Error is resolved.
We have mentioned the top-quality HP printer troubleshooting guide to fix your problem. So, just go through the above-written fixing guidelines stepwise to bring your HP printer again in working state. If in case you are facing problems with the above methods, you can contact HP Printer Support Team Online. The HP Printer Support team is available 24/7 and offers you the topmost tech geeks to fix your problem.