Nowadays, printers are one of the most popular IT devices that not just help you to print excellent quality text and graphics. It also helps in scanning images, send faxes, photocopies your documents, and even connect your printer device wirelessly to your router or web services. Everyone is preferring to use Wireless printers as it offers a much better option than wired or USB connection.
But sometimes, you may face some problems while using your HP printers. One of the most common problems that many users have a complaint about is HP Printer Cannot Connect to Web Services whilst they try to connect it the first time. In such a case, we recommend you to visit official websites, like 123.hp.com/setup or www.hp.com/support at once. We have also mentioned some quick methods that you can try to get out of this problem.
What Causes HP Printer Unable to Connect to Web Services?
There are several reasons that make your printer unable to connect to web services. HP printers allow you to print your documents from any location with the help of internet. Usually, you may receive any of the following error messages when your printer does not print and unable to connect with web services:
- Server connection error: It indicates that is some problem while connecting your system to the server. All you have to do is press the “Retry” button, or OK to close it.
- Server connection error: Not able to connect to web services. In such issues, Simply confirm Internet access and try again.
- Web services problem: There can be some issues while connecting to the web services server.
Quick Steps to Fix HP Printer Cannot Connect to Web Services Issue
You can contact HP Printer Assistant to find the exact troubleshooting methods to fix this problem. However, we have mentioned some common steps that you can try to connect your HP printer to web services:
- Make sure that your printer from which you want to print documents is supporting web services or not. You can do so by looking at the printer’s control panel.
- Whether you are using a wired or wireless connection, it is important to check whether the printer and computer are working perfectly and the printer is properly connected to the device.
- You can also restart the system, printer, and router all at once, as sometimes this also helps to fix all issues.
- Use printer EWS might to turn on the web service and to resolve communication errors between the printer and the systems.
- Check whether the Internet proxy server settings match with printer EWS.
- It is advised to update the printer firmware on a regular basis as the latest updates might help to resolve this problem.
- Updating the router firmware can also help you, as an outdated version can affect the performance, security or stops the router to connect with the internet.
You can also run the printer troubleshooter if you are facing any problems while connecting your HP Printer to Windows 10 system. For this, you need to follow the below steps to troubleshoot printer and fix problems:
- Make sure that the printer is properly plugged into the power supply and turned on. It is important to check the USB connection (if you are using wired printers) or the wireless connection (in case of wireless printers).
- If the problem persists even after having a proper connection, you can download and run the printing troubleshooter.
- If there are any outdated drivers installed in your system, it is advised to install the latest version of all the important drivers from the manufacturer’s official site.
The above points will definitely help you to fix HP web services not working issue. If the issue still persists, then you can get in touch with the technical support team of the HP printers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Disable Web Services on HP printer?
If your printer control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, go to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings. This will open the Web Services menu, which totally depends on your printer model. Click on Turn Off, Disable, or Remove button. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to Web services?
There can be several reasons by which your HP printer may not connect to Web services. Some of these are:
- Improper configuration of printer.
- There can be some issue with the wired or wireless connection b/w your printer and system.
- Make sure drivers are properly updated.
How do I connect my HP printer to the Web?
Follow the steps given below to connect your HP printer to the Web:
- Tap the HP ePrint icon on your printer control panel, and then click on the “Settings” option.
- In case, if your printer control panel does not display an HP ePrint icon, go to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, on the basis of you your printer model.