Duplex printing or Double-sided printing is a technique by which you can print on both sides of the page. All you have to do is enable the double-sided option before each print job or have to configure your printer to automatically print on double-side by default. Though the process is somehow same for Windows or Mac systems, here we have discussed in detail about both operating systems. In this article, we have clearly explained how easy it is to set up your printer for manual and automatic double-sided printing.
How To Print Double-Sided On HP Printer From Windows, Mac, or Phone?
The main advantage of printing your documents on both sides is that it reduces the amount of paper used. Let’s check more in detail from below:
Effective Steps to Print Double-Sided on Windows
Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to print on both sides manually on Windows system:
- Open the document that you have to print, then go to “File,” then “Print.”
- Now from the print window, click on “More settings.”
- From the dropdown menu that appears on screen, select the “Duplex Printing” option. Select any one from “Manually print on both sides” or “Print on both sides.” This depends on the application, printer model, and version of Windows OS installed in the system.
- Now, you need to select one of the following “print double-sided” options:
- “Flip on the long edge” – In this open, the printed pages will print like a book (from left to right).
- “Flip on short edge” – This option prints pages to be flipped like a notepad.
- At last, click the “Ok” button and then “Print.”
Given below are simple steps that you can follow to set double-sided printing as default:
- Select the “Start” button located on the bottom-left corner and then go to the “Settings” app.
- Choose “Devices,” then “Printers & Scanners,” then select your printer.
- Now, select “Manage” or “Manage Your Device” from the pop-up dropdown menu.
- Select “Printing Preferences” option from the left navigation pane.
- Go to the “Printing Shortcut” option and select “Two-sided Duplex Printing” from the “Printing Shortcuts” dialog box.
- If you want to feed the paper every time for double-sided printing, select the “User Specified Print Settings” option.
- Select the “Print on both sides manually” dropdown menu, then choose anyone from “Flip on Long Edge” or “Flip on Short Edge.”
- At last, select “Apply” then “Save” option.
In case of any issue, take help of software like HP Printer Assistant, etc. This printer management software helps you to set up your printer, scan, check ink levels, and more.
How do I Print Double-Sided on Mac?
To print double-sided using a Mac system, you have to:
- Firstly, open the file for printing, go to “File,” then “Print.”
- Select the “Copies & Pages” option and then choose “Layout.”
- Click on “Two-Sided,” then select the “Long-Edge binding” option.
- At last, click on “Print” button.
How to Print Double-Sided on HP Printer from Phone?
Printing on both sides of a page using an Android device is very simple. All you have to do is:
- Navigate to “Menu” > “Settings” > “Connections” > “More Settings.”
- Select the “Print” option and then choose the printer driver/plugin of your printer.
- In case, if you have not enabled the plugin previously, enable it now.
- Select the “More” option from the top right corner and then select “Printer Settings.”
- Then, enable the “2-sided” option from your Android device by activating the slider.
How to Print on Both Sides of Paper on HP Printer from iPhone?
Before printing double-sided using an iPhone, it must be kept in mind that you can print only from an AirPrint-supported application and an AirPrint-supported printer. All you have to do is:
- Open the document, image, or email that you have to print and select “Share,” then “Print.” In case, if there is no print option, swipe right to left for more options on the print screen. Maybe the app you are using does not support double-sided printing if the option isn’t available.
- Now, select the “Select Printer” option from the “Printer Options” screen.
- Select a printer and set the number of copies you want to print.
- At last, choose the double-sided printing option, then tap the “Print” option.
Even with the advancement of technology in this digital era, the need to print them out is still necessary. Printing documents on sheets of paper helps you to keep the document in hard copy form. Double-sided printing not only saves our trees but also reduces the weight of printed documents to half.
We have clearly shown you how simple it is to print on both sides of the paper with an HP printer using different devices. If you have any doubt or need any assistance in double or single-sided printing, let us know in the comment section below.